Share this event:
On April 30, 2018 the California Supreme Court ruling on a case known as Dynamex set the AB5 precedent. The ruling established a presumption that workers are employees unless the hiring company can prove otherwise – and in January 2020, AB5 was signed into law.
There is currently an injunction in place protecting drivers and motor carriers in California from adhering to AB5 compliance standards. However, changes in federal administration, and the recent ruling on retro-active application of the ABC Test, are sending a clear signal: the injunction may well be lifted in 2021 – having significant impact on owner operators and the motor carriers currently utilizing an independent contractor model.
In this webinar OnDemand, we’ll help motor carriers answer these questions:
- What are the impacts of AB5 on the trucking industry?
- Will trucking get an exemption or carve-out?
- What AB5 compliance options are available for motor carriers?
- How does AB5 impact the driver?
- How can TransForce Group help you become compliant quickly and eliminate risk of misclassifying your drivers?
Don’t miss the unique chance to learn from subject matter experts, including
- Joe Rajkovacz, Director of Governmental Affairs and Communications at Western States Trucking Association
- Wendy Ockerman, Director of Human Resources and Legal Affairs at Osterkamp Group
- Lisa Mitchell, Regional Vice President at TransForce Group
Access the Webinar OnDemand Now!